Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday drawing class










Another successful drawing class this week. I'm really enjoying getting back into drawing again. This week, I'm working more with the structure of the figure, focusing in on the skeleton underneath. Luckily, the model this week had great bone structure, so seeing where the major forms were was not a big problem. If you look carefully, you should be able to see the primary skeletal forms (skull, torso, hips) in most of these drawings. These first four drawings are quick three minute studies, but I was still trying to establish structural form.






















------------------------------------------------

The second group of drawings were 20 minute poses, and I worked even more detail into these. The skeleton should be really obvious here.

All-in-all this was a great session. I got many more drawings which I didn't post. I tried to pull out the best. I hope we get this model again, she could really hold a pose, and as I said before, her bone and muscle structure made her a joy to draw.















---------------------------------------

I've also included another "figure in the round" study, built off of (6) two minute sketches. Here's that one:

As always, you can click on most images for a larger version.
-E

No comments: