Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Home Foreclosure cartoons


I did two foreclosure cartoons today. As a matter of fact, I set a new record for myself today (Wednesday) for the most local cartoons done in a single day - (it's 4 in case anyone else cares). And, just so you know, that's a bunch of drawing.

Here's the foreclosure toons. I'm not sure which one I like the most, or which one has the most resonance, so I'm gonna post them both. I suppose if I HAD to pick one, I'd go with the frozen realtor. There's just something inherently funny about a frozen salesman (of any kind) in his underwear.


---------------------------------------------

For the second one I played up the idea that "little '08" has to purchase a new house, and "old-man '07" warns him against going with an adjustable rate. I put him in a pickle barrel with no shoes on to show he's pretty much out on the street now. Don't know if anyone will pick up on that. Here's hoping that the housing market starts to turn around in 2008. I kinda doubt it will though. All signs point to it getting worse before it gets better.


No comments: