Thursday, January 17, 2008

More straws...



I've mentioned this before, but I think it bears repeating. Sometimes when I'm on a "cartooning roll," the same metaphors have a tendency to creep in unexpectedly and repeatedly. This week, it's straws. This marks the third time I've used a straw in a cartoon this week. Weird. I can't explain it, I'm not consciously "trying" to put straws in my cartoons, it just worked out that way. One week I had Teddy Bears in several (totally unrelated) cartoons. If this happens with others, I'd love to hear about it. Of course, when you're doing 6-8 cartoons a week, you're probably going to have to expect some overlap.

Here's my first syndicated cartoon this week. Notice the straw?

I think I'll include the rough with this one. The cartoon changed substantially from the beginning sketch, so it might be interesting to see where I made compositional changes during the final inking. Most notably would be shrinking the bird, and enlarging Mr. Saudi. Enjoy.




No comments: