Monday, May 16, 2011

Sunday Figure Sketch Results

















Had a great time at our weekly figure drawing session yesterday, with the added bonus of lunch with friends afterwards! I'll post a couple of gestures and a few Moleskine pages. As a little experiment, I purposely exaggerated the form in the last drawing. Lately I've been interested in creating more focus on those areas that define a person's physical personality. What does a thin neck say about that person? Why did that hand fall just there like that? What does the way the hair is pulled back tightly say about the person's mood? One way to do this is through exaggeration. I'm basically using the same formula I use to create a caricature of someone, only now I'm turning the tables and incorporating it into a figure drawing. We'll see where this leads.


Have a great week everyone!




-Ed









No comments: