Monday, December 3, 2007

Ape Sh*t

Sometimes I've just got to get down on my knees and thank the Almighty for the fact that I do cartoons for a rural paper. Only in Baker County could you have a story like this. It seems that every year around this time, someone spots some form of ape-like creature lurking around the woods of our fair county. One year the gossip was that Bigfoot was on the loose again. The next year (and I'm not making this up) they thought it was half ape and half kangaroo (thus the moniker: Killer Kangaroo). It seems that this year the primate resembles an Orangutan. They've yet to name it, but I suspect "Oranguman," has a scary ring to it.

Anyway, this cartoon started out as just some guy shooting arrows at a cardboard cut-out of an orangutan, but the more I thought about it, I wanted to tie this in with hunting in Baker County (which is huge). Here's what I came up with. Oh, and one more time, God bless you Baker County!

No comments: