Friday, December 21, 2007

Digital,digital,digital...


So I went a little crazy this year with the computing purchases, but I want to get to the point with at least one computer where I can do everything without pencil and paper. I think I might almost be there with my latest toy - The "Bamboo" from Wacom. If you haven't tried one of these babies out yet, you're really missing out. In Photoshop it gives you a very responsive feel. You can sketch, make notes, move around the desktop, everything without having to change back and forth from a mouse. I highly recommend it if you do a lot of sketching on the road, or if you're planning to make the eventual jump to ALL digital (like I am). This sketch was done in about 3 minutes on my Bamboo in Photoshop with #2 Pencil brush. It's probably the first time I've done a digital sketch, and said to myself, "wow, that really looks like pencil!"
I'll be back next week with all new posts and cartoons, but in the meantime I'd like to wish everyone a very happy holiday season!
Cheers,
Ed

No comments: