Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday Night Figure Drawing



It was really great getting back to figure drawing last night. I had drawn this model a couple of times before, and always gotten good results. She has a classic form for figure drawing; good weight at the hips, and solid balance and proportion. We started out with a few 3 minute studies, then we did a 30 minute pose, and finished with an hour long reclining. For the 30 minute sketch I continued with my studies of people drawing people (and the back of heads) in the Moleskine. Finally, I broke the last drawing up into two different view points of the same pose; moving around the room until I found an interesting juxtaposition. I think this was the "keeper" of the night.
Would love to hear from you!
Cheers,
Ed

2 comments:

Pascal Kirchmair said...

The last two nudes are super, that makes me want to attend a nude-drawing-course once again...

Keep it up! :)

Ed Hall said...

Thanks Pascal. I think I told you this before, but I did a semester in 1983 at the Universität Innsbruck. Good cheer! -Ed