Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Zoo Sketch Trip - April 2011




Sorry it's taken me so long to get these posted. It's been a crazy week, and it's only Tuesday!

















We had a great time sketching at the Jacksonville Zoo last week. I really wish Henry had a blog, because his sketches were awesome! Anyway, here's what I came up with. Our buddy, the Silverback Gorilla was being a little shy (unlike last time) so I couldn't see him too well. I still think I had the best time drawing him though. I love his form, and just the massive weight of his body. You've got to work pretty fast when you're drawing at the zoo. The animals are rarely cooperative, and they move around a lot. I'm looking forward to going back later in the summer and studying the birds a little more.

1 comment:

Cosmin Podar said...

Always have my appreciation Hall :)