Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Moleskine, moleskine, moleskine












I've been working in my Moleskine a lot lately; sketching anything that catches my eye, and I'm really enjoying it. We had our weekly figure drawing session at the Art Coop last night, and, of course, the model didn't show. So one of the attendees volunteered to pose clothed. This didn't intrigue me much, so I spent the time sketching the other people in the class. I enjoyed this because it seems that when people are drawing they don't really move too much, and the little bit that they do move translates into the drawings somehow - interesting. Also, if they are serious about what they are doing & focused, they never know they're being drawn. That helps.
The first page shown here is from a bike ride to Starbucks two days ago, but the last three are from last night. I did finally get around to sketching the model on the last page, and I think it came out alright. Enjoy.


I will be meeting Henry for coffee tonight, and I'll probably sketch more people amping up on caffeine, so stay tuned for that.


Cheers,
Ed

No comments: