Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mama's got a brand new grind

You know your small town has finally made the big-time when it gets a Starbucks. Macclenny Florida had been (until the last 5-10 years) a sleepy little hamlet; far enough away from Jacksonville to escape the massive commercial and residential growth that has gripped that city. Now it seems that each week brings new development, growth, and a swelling population. A guess a Starbucks was inevitable.

Here's the rough:













And here's the final cartoon. I added more to the rear of the truck and shifted the dog to the back. My friend Clay Jones told me that readers LOVE it when you put a dog in your cartoon, so I'm gonna try to do that every chance I get. I also added the gun rack (typical for a Baker County old timer).

No comments: