Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Preston Blair 101





Well folks, I've decided to give myself an informal course in basic animation, using Preston Blair's classic "Animation with Preston Blair" guidebook. I will be periodically posting my progress on this blog. In my humble opinion, too many editorial cartoonists are trying to get into animation without first understanding the basics of the craft. I think that in the long run, this will ultimately hurt the final product, so, if I'm going to be true to the art, I'm going to learn the underlying principles. It's as simple as that.



Comment on this stuff if you want. I really don't care. I'm pretty much just doing it for myself. BTW, the red marks indicate where I've gone back and corrected myself.



Here's part of lesson #1 -Head Construction & Tilt























No comments: