Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The gift that keeps on giving



Florida's amendment One (which I still can't believe passed), just keeps on giving me fodder for cartoons. Here's the latest. Enjoy.

-----------------

A couple of interesting notes about this cartoon. A lot of people don't know this about me, but I have some background in industrial design and drafting. Thus my love of drawing all things mechanical. I knew the minute I decided to put a robotic arm in this cartoon that I was gonna enjoy inking it, and I did. I try to fit things with working parts into as many of my cartoons as possible. Some cartoonists I know find this tedious, but I absolutely LOVE it. I guess that's a piece of advice I could pass along to any budding cartoonists out there. Sounds simple and stupid, but it works. Find out what you like to draw, and DRAW IT.

I also like bears. Bears are cool.

Finally, today, I'd like to give a big "shout out" to fellow cartoonist Rob Rogers for recognizing my preoccupation with drawing machines, and calling it to my attention (about a hundred years ago at some portfolio review, at some convention, in some town, I don't remember).

No comments: