Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekly figure drawings

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting these. It's been a hectic start to this week, but I think I'm weathering it. We'll see how the next few days goes. Weird happenings. Anyway, here's what I came up with over the weekend. We had a model that was pretty heavy. This can, at first, be very challenging; as the structure is a little more difficult to sort out. But it can also be exhilarating, as the weight tends to give the figure more power. I hadn't drawn from such a powerful figure in quite some time (probably graduate school) and I enjoyed it. As usual we started out with gesture, moved into 20 minute studies and finished up with a long, one-hour pose. Notice that for the long (reclining) pose, I did a few skeletal studies. These were done after the drawing was completed, so I could see were I had screwed up the proportions.

I'm also enjoying going back in to Photoshop and adding color to these. She was a great model. I hope we get her again.

Everything should be clickable here to see the larger versions of the drawings. Comments are welcome. I'd love to hear from you guys!


No comments: