Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekly figure drawings
























Well, I'm finally getting around to posting these. It's been a hectic start to this week, but I think I'm weathering it. We'll see how the next few days goes. Weird happenings. Anyway, here's what I came up with over the weekend. We had a model that was pretty heavy. This can, at first, be very challenging; as the structure is a little more difficult to sort out. But it can also be exhilarating, as the weight tends to give the figure more power. I hadn't drawn from such a powerful figure in quite some time (probably graduate school) and I enjoyed it. As usual we started out with gesture, moved into 20 minute studies and finished up with a long, one-hour pose. Notice that for the long (reclining) pose, I did a few skeletal studies. These were done after the drawing was completed, so I could see were I had screwed up the proportions.






I'm also enjoying going back in to Photoshop and adding color to these. She was a great model. I hope we get her again.







Everything should be clickable here to see the larger versions of the drawings. Comments are welcome. I'd love to hear from you guys!

Cheers,
Ed

No comments: