Sunday, April 6, 2008

Woo hoo! Sunday drawing class is back!


I really enjoyed our figure drawing session this morning. We started out again with some short 3 minute gestures. These are fun - great for getting warmed up. Here's the best of that bunch. Notice the line-of-action in the first pose and the controposto. These must be established at the outset for a successful drawing.













We then moved to 20 minute poses. I was pretty happy with these.










I was experimenting with the charcoal pencil in these; trying to mix up the marks and get a variety of values.

I like this second one a lot. The way the model is looking away, and the weight of the figure really give it a solid feel.















I was also able to create a couple more vignettes of poses in the "round." I did one of these a few weeks ago and was happy with the results, so I thought I'd try it again.


Here's (2):

















It's pretty obvious to me now that this blog is becoming more about my artwork, and less about cartooning. As it should be. I hope everyone is enjoying the change in subject. Comments welcome!


Cheers,
Ed

No comments: