Monday, October 5, 2009

Sunday Sketch Results





















I attended the Sunday figure drawing session yesterday. One of my favorite models (Savannah) posed for us. Here's what I came up with. These first four drawings are 3 minute gestures. I apologize in advance for the darkness of the photos. We've got overcast skys here today, but I still wanted to get these shot and posted. After the gesture drawings we moved to (3) 20 minute poses, and finished the day with a long one hour pose (the blue one - I liked the look of the blue mechanical pencil so much, I decided to put a blue layer behind the sketch in Photoshop). All of these drawings were done with .09 mechanical pencils - quite the opposite of the huge chunks of graphite and charcoal I'm used to working with. It's good to mix it up every once in a while. Let me hear from you!

Cheers,

Ed

No comments: