Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lovin' me some Pronto Plate


I've never done any lithography before. Mostly because the thought of lugging around a fifty pound block didn't appeal to me. But a couple of weeks ago, my printmaking buddy extraordinaire, Vinnie started bugging me (hounding me actually) to try a product called Pronto Plate. I picked some up at our local art supply store, and it looked just like vellum to me. Well, it doesn't print like vellum. I couldn't be happier with these results, and I can't wait to try this again. I may even experiment a bit with it in-house with a few of my previous drawings. We'll see. In the meantime, I've got a limited run of 10 up on Ebay, and the bidding on the fifth one ends on Sunday, so get in early. Click here for the auction. After I sell the 10 prints, that's it. No more. Look for more drawings from last night and a cartoon later today.
Cheers,
Ed

No comments: