Monday, November 9, 2009

My new best friend




The grey squirrels have been out early this year, foraging and fattening up, which can only mean one thing - a long cold winter (relatively speaking for North Florida). This little guy has been camping out right outside the sun room window, so I decided to sketch him up. He doesn't seem to be too scared of me either. He just sits and eats, grooms for a while and then goes to look for another acorn. Then the process starts all over again. I like the body shape of the squirrel. I'm trying to imagine what his little skeleton looks like as I'm drawing these. Kinda interesting. Look for a drawing from yesterday's class to be posted shortly. It took me all class to finally get a drawing that I liked. It was a strange Sunday. I didn't feel "locked in" until the end of class, which is weird for me. But I liked the last drawing so much I think I'm going to put it up on Ebay for another auction. Stay tooned, and let me hear from you.

-E

No comments: