Friday, June 27, 2008

JCVA Gallery Show

My wife and I were very excited to discover that our figure drawings had been selected for The JCVA Juried Summer Show, being held at The Nathan H. Wilson Center on the FCCJ South Campus here in Jacksonville. The opening reception was last night, and it was fun to see some of our friends from the local artistic community. Jacksonville has a lot of great talent, as was evidenced by this show. The juror was Sidney McKenna of St. Augustine.


JCVA stands for Jacksonville Coalition for The Visual Arts, and I used to be a member several years ago. It's not until recently that I have slowly begun to get back into doing fine art, and this was a nice venue for that. Here are a couple of photos taken at the opening.



This was the first time she'd ever been in a juried show, and definitely the first time we'd been in one together.

I was so happy for her - her work is just great.







Here's the knuckle head standing with his drawings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award and gallery thingy. I'm proud of Emmy too. You're still a knuckle-head.

Ed Hall said...

Thanks "anonymous." I'm not sure who you are, but I have an "ink"ling.

Cheers,
Ed