Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More skeletal proportion studies


Man, I'm posting a lot today. That's a good thing - "idle mind" and all that jazz. Anyhoo, whenever I find an interesting article in one of my design periodicals, I try to recreate the exercise in my sketchbook to strengthen my figure drawing skills. Lately I've been doing these directly on the Wacom tablet in Photoshop. It cuts out the step of having to scan and I can just upload these directly to the blog. This drawing illustrates a few more of the proportional relationships that exist across the skeleton. As I've said here before, if you can draw the skeleton, you can draw the figure. It's a vessel, and the scaffolding that everything hangs on and sits in. It certainly doesn't hurt that I have a life-sized one right next to me in my studio.

No comments: