Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Samurai/Geisha from a rescued gesture

Here's another Samurai-Geisha that I rescued from my portfolio of gesture drawings. I was really drawn to this pose from the beginning, and I knew I wanted to do something with it. It sat around on my desk for a few weeks before the idea finally hit me (Sorry, no video for this one - I inked it in Photoshop). Anyway, since I didn't ink this one on paper, I figured I'd at least post the gesture drawing it came from.

Here's that sketch:














And here's the illustration I did based on it. I'm a little amazed that I was able to cull so much from such a rough little 30 second gesture. Hopefully I maintained the vitality and energy of the pose. That reaching behind her back led me to the idea of having her pierced by an arrow. Anyway, I think that this might be my favorite Sanzoku yet.
Stay tooned, and let me hear from you!
Cheers,
Ed

No comments: