Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday Sketch Drawings



We had our weekly Sunday sketch class over the weekend, And I decided (at the last minute) to go with some colored paper instead of bringing the laptop. I think it was a good idea, because I got a drawing that generated some interest, both inside and now outside of class. I'll post it first, followed by a couple of gesture drawings that I worked back into, and finishing up with the 1 hour reclining pose, for which I also used the colored paper.


Here's that sketch - conte crayon on textured colored paper. I liked the cream color of this paper, as it was almost exactly the mid-tone color of her skin.











I was just as happy with my gestures this time around. I managed (after a couple of failed attempts) to finally let go and allow the energy to spill out onto the page.














Here's the final drawing of the day - a one hour reclining pose with a strong foreshortening looking with the feet in the foreground.

No comments: