Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sunday Sketches - a little late






Sorry it's taken me so long to post these, but with the election, three cartoons to do, and blogging "live" yesterday, I didn't really have time. But here they are - better late than never. I'll just be posting the three best drawings I did that day. I'll use the gesture drawings for more Samurai-Geishas, so I'm sure you'll eventually see them as well. This first one is drawn with charcoal on cardboard (actually it's the back of one of my used sketchbooks). The second drawing was done with a charcoal pencil on a heavy bond drawing paper.And the third drawing (my personal favorite, and the "keeper" of the day) was drawn with vine and compressed charcoal. I like the weight in this pose. Makes her feel massive on the page.


Hope you enjoy these.




Cheers,



Ed

No comments: