Monday, February 23, 2009

Knockin' 'em out early this week



I've got the "Disappearing Ink" show in Tallahassee tomorrow, so I've been getting most of my work done early this week. Here are a couple of cartoons that I did yesterday. Both are for my syndicate, but one of them I was able to use locally. I've been thinking a lot lately about the mortgage bailout plan; and while I think that the Govt. has to do something, I'm not so sure that rewarding irresponsible people is the answer. They're just going to be irresponsible again, because they weren't allowed to learn a lesson (this is a pervasive trend in modern society now BTW). On top of that, the responsible tax-payer is basically going to be saddled with paying this foreclosed debt, so why not just buy the home next door, and fix it up so your own home value doesn't go down any further? You're paying for it anyway, why not own it? For this other one, I read where the minute Obama signed the stimulus into effect, mayors & governors immediately started signing off on new municipal projects. I just have the feeling that we're still going to have to wait a bit before the money starts trickling into the holes it needs to fill. Here's that one:
I'll take a few pictures at the gala opening tomorrow and try to get them posted by Wednesday morning. With cartoonists ranks shrinking at hyper-speed, it's nice when a bunch of us can get together. I'll also be signing copies of both of my books at the event, so if you are in the Tallahassee area, stop by and say hello.
I'll post video of the forum when it becomes available.
-Ed

No comments: