Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sketchbook Project Opening - Atlanta





















Last night was a first for me. I attended an online opening at a gallery, live, via the internet. Usually when I'm in a show like this I try to attend the opening, but now, with the internet, artists from all over the country can "attend" virtually. At first it was a little slow, but as people started to trickle in and interact with the camera, it got kinda interesting. Still the thought that so many artists were "peeking in" over the shoulders of the gallery visitors was pretty cool. The organizer also took some photos of the event live and uploaded those shots to Flicker. Here are a few of those photos of the gallery as the show was going on. You can see more here. I also saved a couple of screen shots from the live camera feed. Enjoy.






I looks like they had a good turnout for this. The exhibit will be traveling the country now; landing in such exclusive venues as The Museum of Contemporary Art in Washington DC, Soulard's Art Market in New York, and Chicago's Art Source Gallery.

No comments: