Monday, December 15, 2008

The Beautiful comic art of Loisel


If you're not familiar with the French comic artist Régis Loisel, you should be. I first discovered his work while buried in a stack of books at Chamblin's Book Mine here in Jacksonville (also an entity you should be familiar with). Anyway, he did a series entitled Roxanna, and you can see some examples of this at his website (it's in my links to the right of this page). I stumbled across his on line portfolio accidentally last night while searching for something else. And I'm glad i did. Any opportunity to tell Americans about this guy, I'm gonna take. So click the link and enjoy (note: his website is in French, so you may have to just enjoy the images or Google him for his bio - he worked on Disney's Mulan).

-Ed

No comments: