Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cartoons!




It's been a while since I posted cartoons, and seeing as I finished them up early this week, I'll go ahead and do that now. We've got an art opening on Friday, so I'll probably post photos from that event next.


This first one is my Govt. in The Sunshine cartoon submission for this year. If you'd like to know more about that you can go here or here, but basically it's a week where open Government is celebrated and encouraged.

This next cartoon is in response to the recent idiotic statements made by Rush Limbaugh. I'm sure there are at least a couple of my conservative friends who will want to call me to the canvas on this one, but I don't really care. I'm ready for them. The real tyrannical and unpatriotic one is he who wants Obama to fail. Follow him if you want. Oh, and by the way, the accepted translation from Latin is "as always with tyrants."



This last cartoon is for one of my local papers, but it can also be viewed as a national issue. We've got so many projects here in Jacksonville, that have been shelved because of the economy. Now the wait for stimulus money is making for a nervous County Commission. We'll see how long it takes for it to show up in the coffers. I've got a cold today, and I'm feeling particularly snarky. Can you tell?

No comments: