Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday blahhh-ging...

Well, it's raining. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain, especially when we've had so little. They say it's going to diminish the fire-danger risk we've been under for the past year or so, so that's a good thing. It's just one of those "blah" type days, where you don't really feel like doing anything. But, I've got two deadlines today, so it looks like the coffee maker's gonna get a full workout!
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was looking for a tablet PC (thanks for all the suggestions BTW --- NOT). I ended up getting an HP Pavilion tx2, and I'm sorry to say that I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. I guess I thought that it was going to just pop out of the box - ready to be drawn on. Silly me. It's got a tiny screen, and you have to almost be looking straight down on it to see what you're working on. Not good. The pen has a bit of a lag, doesn't always hit where you want it to, and does not have eraser capability? - huh? So the day after getting it, I get an email from Wacom, presenting their new line of Intuous4 tablets - guess where this is leading... That's right, it's return time. For half of what I paid, I'm gonna get a brand new, larger, state-of-the-art Wacom Tablet for my desktop, and retire my Intuous 3 to my laptop (not really a retirement, as it will make my laptop experience MUCH better in drawing class). If you haven't seen the new Intuous 4, do yourself a favor and stop by the Wacom site. Enough about that. Here's yesterday's cartoon:
This is a local, but it's an on-going issue in Baker County, so I thought I'd post it. One of our State's Mental Hospitals is located here, and for years the geniuses in Tallahassee have been trying to privatize it. Now with the State budget in crisis, they're at it again. Problem is, the group that will privatize it will almost certainly provide early release for inmates and patients that probably should not be released early. This will, in actuality, be a net loss for the state in terms of the additional manpower and programs needed to service them on the outside.

Like I said geniuses...

No comments: