Thursday, September 3, 2009

Atomic Sketch was a - BLAST!


I participated in my first formal event for AIGA last night. Atomic Sketch was held in the old Jacksonville Hayden Burns library, and it was a big success. Several artist sat at tables sketching as the public passed by. The drawings we produced were then put up on a wall for purchase - a portion of the proceeds will benefit the association. I like this group - such a great mix of people and personalities. I sat at the center table with Chapter Prez Varick Rosete. It was hot in the building (no A/C) so we cooled off with a fan, a hair dryer (set on cool) and canned air.
I was so busy drawing, I barely got a chance to look up; but I was told that there were a lot of people there. I only had a chance to snap a few shots, but I'm told we'll soon have more photos and video up at the chapter blog. I'll post those when they are available. I enjoyed this event. It allowed me to free up a bit and do some stuff that I might not ordinarily do. I guess I did something right; I sold all but one drawing. I'm looking forward to next ArtWalk now.
-Ed

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

Cool idea. Hope it becomes a regular event!