Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Batboy and miscellaneous artsy stuff





This is a character design that I've had bouncing around in my head for a couple of years. I'm sure someone has done a Batboy in the past, but I still wanted to give his character design a go. He originally started out as a Batbaby, but since my little nephew has gotten older, I decided to age him a bit. I'm thinking right at 2 or 3 years old - just when they start to reason, and can make a real menace of themselves.



On a separate note, I've got a very "artsy" week coming up. To kick it off, figure drawing class is tonight. I've got (2) ArtWalks, one Wednesday and one Friday. I'm actually participating in the Wednesday venue with our local chapter of AIGA - they're calling it Atomic Sketch. 7 or 8 of us will be sitting down and sketching for dollars to benefit the association. I've got three more cartoons to do before Thursday. And, I'm lesson planning for a workshop that I'll be teaching starting next week.
Better sharpen my pencils!
-Ed

No comments: