Thursday, May 8, 2008

More Photoshop practice


I've picked up a few more nifty tricks that I had no idea Photoshop could do. One is called "Liquefy." This basically allows you to take a drawing and move/punch/nudge contour lines in and out on your sketch without having to erase or redraw. It's really cool. I've also tried to beef up my line work by making sure that it gets really black. The lines you see here were all originally done in pencil on paper. After scanning it into Photoshop there are a lot of different things you can do to modify the line work and make it look like inked lines; expanding and contracting lines, smoothing, and erasing all the little bits and pieces left behind by penciling - stray pixels. I've got one more national cartoon to do this week. I'll try to have that posted tonight or in the morning.
Cheers,
Ed

No comments: