Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Figure Drawing




Here's what I came up with in figure drawing class this weekend. I wasn't in a very good mood on Sunday. That may show.




It's actually kind of odd when I like my gesture drawings more than my finished work, but I think that's what's happening here. I was pretty pissed off, so I guess the energy came through in the gestural work. I like these next two a lot. The poses are very fluid and the line of action is obvious through the figures.



I don't know how Blogger decides which images are clickable to see the larger versions, but most of these should be.










The only real "finished" drawing I did during this session, I decided to sit on the floor and look up at the model. I like to challenge myself with the perspective and foreshortening. Here's that one.













I finished up the day by studying the skeleton again. For some reason this seemed to calm me down, and I was finally able to concentrate. Keep in mind that the final "skeleton series" drawing was not done from a seated skeleton, but from a model. I imagined where the skeletal structure was as I moved around the room. There was a skeleton close by that I could glance at occasionally to make sure I was getting the bones right.





















No comments: