Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cough! akk...hack....KOFF!

So this local hospital has decided to eliminate designated outside smoking areas. That means there's only one place left for them to go where they are well within their legal rights to smoke. This cartoon almost inked itself.

I've been on a bit of a roll with my local cartoons lately. Don't know why that is, but they're my bread and butter, so I'm not complaining.

A New Direction: Tonight begins an interesting experiment for me. Those of you who follow this blog will no doubt know that I have been posting my figure drawings here over the past several months. These have mainly been done standing at an easel on a pad of paper, with charcoal and/or pencil. Tonight, since our drawing class has been moved to Wednesday, I'm going to start drawing directly on my laptop, with a Wacom tablet from life. I've never done this before, so I don't know what to expect. But, I have a pretty snappy laptop, loaded with memory and a new program designed specifically for sketching, so my hopes are high for some decent results. I'll post them here tomorrow regardless of quality, so stay tooned.

Cheers,

Ed

No comments: