Monday, July 21, 2008

The Obama Phenomenon





I've been wanting to do this cartoon for several weeks, and finally got around to it on Friday afternoon - too late for last week's syndicate package. Finishing it up today, I'm glad I didn't add any words or subtext to the cartoon. I think it speaks louder without it. Although I do like the fact that his Shepherd's staff looks like a question mark (that was on purpose BTW). Another thing I noticed about this cartoon (and especially now that it's posted on the blog), is how closely my cartoons are starting to resemble my artistic drawings - stylistically. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's definitely happening. The clouds were created on a separate layer in Photoshop with a custom "cloud" brush. I LOVE Photoshop; did I happen to mention that a few thousand times on this blog?

Anyway, stay tooned for a bunch more local stuff by Thursday & Friday.

-Ed

No comments: