Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dialogue with Preston Blair

Well, as promised, I'm continuing to do my Preston Blair animation exercises directly in Flash. Here's the dialogue exercise. I'm really learning quite a bit in doing these. Like how all of the elements of the face are animated separately, but together at the same time - i.e., the hair has it's own unique characteristics, as do the eyes and the mouth and the eyebrows and the ears. It's like orchestrating a symphony on someones face. This marks the first time I've ever layed down my own voice into an animation. It really wasn't that difficult. I started out wanting to do that silly Seinfeld "Helloooooo..." but it just ended up sounding like silly old me.

To tell the truth, I had just about given up posting these exercises here; then I heard from another editorial cartoonist that he was enjoying seeing my progress, so I decided to continue.

Here it is. Enjoy.

No comments: