Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Syndicate cartoon # 1

My first national issue cartoon of the week. The cool thing about this one is, since one of my local papers is in a military town, it's gonna run in that supplement as well.


On the subject of Ken Burn's "The War," if you're not watching it, you're really missing out. What a great synopsis of events. Ken Burns is like our nation's video historian. This should be required viewing for every kid from elementary through high school.


This idea came to me rather quickly, and it was one of those deals where I can't really put my finger on why I got the idea, other than I've been watching that show and thinking of how the horrors of WWII echo in what's going on now.


Here's the rough:















And here's the finished cartoon:

No comments: