Friday, September 19, 2008

Lots to report

We drove down to Melbourne last night for the opening of The Brevard Museum of Art show entitled: Opinions - Political Cartoons (my program got a little crumpled - sorry). Anyway, four participating cartoonists, including myself, mingled for a while among the hoards of our loving fans, and afterwards we had dinner with one of my best friends in the business Jeff Parker.

Here he is clowning around in front of one of his cartoons.









Cartoonists in attendance were Jeff, myself, Dana Summers, and Doug Mac Gregor. Here's a group shot (red-eyed devils one and all!). And here's a shot of the lug head in front of his cartoons.









Jeff did a hell of a job putting this together, and from the turnout it looks like it's going to be a pretty successful show.

Also, on the ride home, I got an email informing me that I'd won a Florida Press Club award this year. They combined circulation Classes C & D, which put me in competition with larger papers, so that's kinda cool.

Also, today, I found out that one of my illustrations is going to be displayed on Berlin's subway system, 40 times a day on 4000 video screens. That makes for A LOT of sets of eyes seeing my work in Germany. And As I like to say, "Germans Love David Hasselhoff, but they REALLY love Ed Hall!"
:-)

No comments: