Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nepotism 101

There are few things that I hate more than nepotism. Especially in this case. Seems that the Baker County School Board is getting first dibs on placing their kids with the best teachers in the district, while the people who pay their salaries (i.e., taxpayers) are left literally standing in the cold, in line, waiting to get the scraps. It sucks. Someone mentioned that this made for a less than level playing field, and I tried that idea in a sketch that I didn't like. I'll post that one so you can see what an axed idea looks like.





I did like the idea that a School Board Employee wouldn't know that Nepotism was a real word, but it wasn't enough to sell me on the idea. I ended up going with a basketball metaphor, just because I didn't want to do the obvious, and I thought the football field one was too wordy and busy.


And yes Clay, I have been feeling a little snarky lately.
}:-[

No comments: