Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hula Video Stills




Staying with the recent theme, I broke out the old Hawaiian Hula DVD last night and sketched some stills. I thought it might be interesting to juxtapose this new drawing with one I did several months ago. They show the same pose at different angles. One thing that jumps out at me right away is the difference in confidence of line. The old drawing looks much more free, and less labored over, while the one I did last night looks a little more stiff and over-analyzed. Hmm. I think it's very important to recognize these types of things in your own work. Be aware of them and build upon them. I'm gonna check the used book store today for a new and inspiring aerobic video to draw from, but I also think I might also try a different attitude when I sit down to draw the next still. Stay tooned! -Ed

No comments: