Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Morning Aerobics







Here's a couple more video still studies from my Cardio Go Go DVD. Just in case you never saw the first ones I did last year, this is a technique I learned from comic artist Glen Fabry, where you can pause a DVD or video tape on an interesting pose and sketch it from across the room. The trick is not to take too long with these; usually not more than 20 or 30 minutes to complete the drawing. Like I said yesterday, I'll try to do 1-2 of these a day for a while and see where they lead. I had really forgotten how much I enjoyed them. The 3 hour pose last night wasn't nearly as fun. The model was set up in a very stiff posture, and I actually ended up doing a better drawing of one of the girls in the class. I'll post that drawing shortly.


-Ed

No comments: