Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday sketch, other figure drawings, & misc.














I've been sketching quite a bit from the figure lately. Some of these are drawn from life, some are drawn from photos, and some are freeze-framed from aerobic videos.



This is a nice little trick for learning to draw the figure in motion. I stole this technique from comic artist Glenn Fabry - his excellent book, Muscles in Motion is a must have for anyone interested in bettering their figure drawing skills. It was actually one of the things that inspired me to get back into figure drawing after a long hiatus - buy it). I'm going to post these in no particular order. At least one of these is currently being used to create a larger, more elaborate illustration; but I thought that it might be interesting for you to see the sketches that some of these come from.
















In the coming months look for info on more published works, and some gallery projects I've got in the hopper. In the meantime, if you are a comic art fan, and you know of any venues for large figurative works, please let me know the names of those galleries.

Thanks!

-Ed

No comments: