Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday Sketch






















Well, we're back on our regular Sunday sketch class schedule now, and I must say I've missed it over the holidays. After knocking the rust off, I think I got a couple of decent drawings yesterday. Here they are in no particular order. I've worked back into several of them in Photoshop. Let me know what you think.











Sometimes I fail to leave myself enough room on the page for all of the elements I'd like to include in my composition. Because I know I'll be able to "fix it" later in Photoshop, I sometimes draw the missing element off to the side as I've done in this sketch. Her left hand bled off the page, so I sketched it above her.
I'll save my favorite one for last. I used the camera angle when I photographed it to push the "worm's eye view" feel even further. With images becoming more and more digitally produced and manipulated, this is just one more little trick that you can use to exaggerate your figure drawings and make them more dramatic.

No comments: