Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sketching in the bar



A wedding I attended last night was winding down, so to pass the time I drifted over to the bar and planted myself where I could observe/sketch. The sketches might be a little "Mojito influenced" so please forgive me. Also, the best the waitress could do was a Bic pen and a napkin. I was able to clean them up a bit in Photoshop this morning.


Here are the sketches:



And here are the finished Photoshop renderings. There's something different about these drawings sketched from life vs. the stuff I do from photos or gestures. I had to draw very fast in the dark, and I think I like the loose quality.


I've got one more page of Astral heads to post, and then we have figure drawing session tomorrow, so look for some brand new stuff on Monday morning.
Cheers,
Ed

No comments: