Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our local bridges

Seems our Country's weakened infrastructure stretches beyond the big cities. After an inspection of local bridges around Baker County, six were found to be structurally "deficient." Here's the press story (you might have to scroll down).

And here's my rough for this first local cartoon of the week.















After consulting with my first editor (my better half), it was determined that the cartoon would be stronger without the speech bubble. She was right, as usual. This caused me to do a couple of things. First, I made the father (driver) look as scared as the dog and the kid, and then I figured since I was making them all so scared, why not make the truck look scared as well. Hey. Anytime I can take out words AND make the IMAGE read more, I'm happy. Here's the finished cartoon.

No comments: