Wednesday, August 29, 2007

That ain't just sand between your toes

This has been an ongoing problem at our area beaches. Some people think that the ocean is their dog's own personal toilet, and that it's totally cute when an unleashed dog jumps all over you while you're trying to catch some rays. I have to admit I was more than a little influenced by that incredibly funny scene in "Me Myself & Irene." Those of you who have seen the movie, will know exactly what I'm talking about!

The rough version of this cartoon went through several "revisions" from my editor. He thought the first captions were to gross/crass. Originally I had the guy say, "when I'm done relieving myself, I'm going to get out of here and hump your leg." Needless to say, that got axed, but hey, I tried. And I really had to fight to keep the phrase "When I'm done relieving myself." But after explaining that dogs going potty on the beach was the main problem, it stayed.

Here's the rough with the original phrasing.














And here's the finished cartoon.

No comments: