Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Another local cartoon

Here's one where I really enjoyed skewering the local politicos. Seems that the St. Augustine City Commissioners are attempting to redefine what art is. No, I'm not kidding. I wish I were. There is a lady who wants to sell her beautiful art quilts in the Plaza in St. Augustine, but under the city guidelines her work doesn't qualify as "art." Last time I checked, woven tapestries from the Louvre to the Getty Museum were considered art. So now they're issuing fines (and arresting some people) if their work doesn't fall within these Nazi-esque guidelines. Here's the rough.



















And here's the finished cartoon. Nothing much changed in the finished drawing. I felt so strongly about this subject, it was really immediate and concise. I hope this one gets letters. As I consider myself an artist, it's near and dear to my heart.

No comments: