Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Character Development

Seeing as my Preston Blair Assignments have stalled a bit (more on that later), I've decided to work on some character development, and at the same time brush up on my Photoshop rendering skills. You saw the rat I did last week? Well, here's something a little more advanced - I call him "Goat Warrior." I found this really cool photo of a goat from the zoo, and I knew I wanted to do something with it. He just seemed so regal and proud (for a goat). Most of the color and texture is being built up with layers in Photoshop. I'm scanning leather objects for his uniform and building up custom layers. These can be saved for later use in my Photoshop gallery folders. I'm also scanning my own hair (yes, I'm putting my head in the scanner!) to get the "feel" of real goat hair. This is also placed in on a separate layer. I wanted to post my stages of development here, so I can keep an eye on how the image is progressing. I would say this is about 45% done. I'll post goat boy again as he gets a little further along.

No comments: