Monday, October 15, 2007

First local cartoon of the week

Here's my first local cartoon of the week. Seems a rumor was being spread around the county last week, that (thankfully) turned out to be totally false. It was one of those deals where you tell one person at the end of the line something and by the time it reaches the other end of the line it's totally different. I thought about using a "Misread Smoke Signal" theme at first, but decided that the "Lassie says Timmy Fell Down A Well" theme was funnier.

Here's the background story:
http://www.bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=911&Itemid=55

Here's the rough:






I really struggled with the wording of this one. I wanted to make sure that the emphasis was on the erroneous quality of gossip. In the end I decided to just let the guy figure out what the dog was saying on his own; with no final word from the dog.



And, here's the finished cartoon:

No comments: