Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Florida Press Club Awards

We drove down to Daytona Saturday night for The 2008 Florida Press Club Awards, and we had a great time. That included being invited to the President's "wrap" party afterwards, where we mingled with some of the other award winners until the wee hours.



Here's me accepting my award.




And here's me, clowning around with FPC President Jennifer Cason. She was a little nervous, so I decided to lighten the mood by having my picture taken with her in the middle of the ceremony. Funny thing is, several others did the same thing after I started the trend!








Jennifer did a great job.
















Man, look at all those awards!

Here we are with a really nice guy we met when we first got there. Clayton Park - he's a Senior Editor for The Volusia/Flagler Business Report in Daytona.








And here's the dessert I couldn't eat. Damn you lactose intolerance!

2 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

Congrats!

Daytona Beach is in my back yard!

Smart Spark said...

I feel your pain on the inability to eat your dessert!