Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday *digital* sketch class

























I decided to bring my laptop to class today and draw on the Wacom tablet. I feel pretty good about the results, although I'm still fighting with the operating system a bit (stupid Vista!). I don't think Photoshop CS3 likes Vista, because I keep crashing mid-drawing. I finally started saving every 5 minutes or so, but I did lose at least one full drawing today. Anyway, I'm going to post just a few of the 3 minute gestures. I also had a couple of interesting longer poses. Here's everything. Comments welcome.



Everything you see here was drawn directly from life on a Wacom tablet. I did work back into the last couple of drawings in Photoshop when I got home, but not too much.


I wanted to push the darks in this next drawing.
It was pretty dark from my side of the room, so I looked for the heavy shadows to build the form.















I really like drawing from this model. She has a classical form, holds a pose like a stone, and always makes me look good.










For once, it looks like everything is clickable. So click on each drawing to see more detail. Enjoy, and let me hear form you!

Cheers,
-Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed, I've been checking out some of your recent cartoons and they are hilarious, I especially like the McCain ones. That 1 hour pose you did today in PS turned out really well, I'm going to try and bring my laptop and Wacom next Sunday. See you then! Have a nice week.